Labouring Under Labour Hire?
|Brisbane||Mon, 16 February||
|Sydney||Tue, 17 February||
Karstens Conference Centre
Australia’s modern workforce relies heavily on labour hire.
But while these flexible arrangements offer significant advantages, the shift away from “traditional” employment means the undertaking of often unrecognised (and unwanted) responsibilities.
Do you understand the significant liability risks assumed by ‘host’ employers? What level of responsibility do labour hire companies (and their insurers) have when one of its workers is injured? What important contractual and insurance arrangements should be considered by these parties to protect themselves?
Labouring Under Labour Hire is a half-day workshop specifically designed to allow you to explore and apply legal and insurance principles across a range of real-life labour hire scenarios.
By attending you will develop critical insights into:
• the legalities and liabilities attaching to labour hire relationships
• the very latest Court decisions and how they impact labour hire arrangements
• defending claims made against labour hire companies and host employers
• our 10-point plan packed with practical advice on steps to take now to improve the management of these risks
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for anyone wanting to increase and develop their understanding of:
• labour hire risks and responsibilities
• the insurance risk and contractual mechanisms available to mitigate them
It will particularly benefit:
• Insurance professionals (underwriting and claims)
• Insurance brokers
• Labour hire companies
• Contract managers
• Project & risk managers
• In-house legal counsel
• Work Cover professionals
Facilitator: Megan O'Rourke
Time: 9:00am - 12:30pm (3.5 hours)
Cost: Earlybird - $350 + GST (until Fri, 30 January)
Normal - $385 + GST
10% discount for groups of 2 or more
Includes morning tea
CIP/CPD: 3 points